The UAF Arctic Innovation Competition (AIC) is Alaska’s original idea contest created by Dr. Ping Lan and launched in 2009. The AIC is run by the UAF School of Management and currently awards $30,000 in cash prizes.
The AIC is easy to enter – no prototype or business plan is required (although they are recommended). Individuals and teams of all ages may enter, and there is no entry fee.
There are three divisions in the competition. You may enter any age-appropriate division. However, each idea can only be entered once – it cannot be entered in multiple divisions.
- Divisions – Which division should I enter? Each idea may only be entered once!
- Eligibility & Rules – Who can submit their idea? What ideas can be entered?
- Selection Process – How do you move forward in the competition?
- Judging Criteria – How are the submissions rated?
- Intellectual Property Protection – How are the ideas protected?
- Help & FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions