The Arctic Innovation Competition is open to anyone with an innovative idea.
All ideas must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT) on Friday, September 22nd, 2017 in order to be eligible for the 2017 competition.
- All ages are welcome. Please select an appropriate age division when submitting your idea. If your group includes teammates of multiple ages who do not fit into a single division (for example, a 12-year-old and a 13-year-old), you should choose the older age division (i.e. JR Division).
- Individuals or teams are welcome. Please only create one user account per team (or individual).
- No prototype or business plan is necessary to enter. However, they are recommended.
- No entry fee is required. The competition is free to enter.
- Multiple ideas may be submitted. However, the same idea CANNOT be submitted to multiple divisions.
- Ideas or projects presented in other venues are eligible for submission. For example, you may submit projects that have been presented in classes, science fairs, summer camps, or other competitions.
- You must register with the AIC (please create a single account for each individual or team).
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be responsible for arranging your travel to Fairbanks and participating in the Final Competition from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 21, 2017 at the Wedgwood Resort in Fairbanks.
- If you are entering as a team, you must disclose all team members. While there is no limit to the number of team members, no more than four people may present at the final competition.
- If you previously submitted an idea and won a cash prize, you may not submit that same idea again.
- If you place in the top four for any AIC division, you must take a one-year break before you may submit an idea to any AIC division again. For example, if you won third place in AIC 2016, you cannot submit another idea until AIC 2018.
- You will be able to edit your submission up until the final submission deadline – 11:59 p.m. on Friday, September 22, 2017.